Monday, June 18, 2012

Mission: Veggie Pancakes

We made these last night after Charlotte had gone to bed so I didn't have a chance to let her try them. But Jason and I had one and thought it was pretty good. I'll post an update after I have given her one of them later. They are in the freezer now and seem to freeze well.

Veggie Pancakes
Adapted from wholesometoddlerfood.com
Hodgson Mill Buckwheat Pancake Mix (found this at Fresh Market, also available to some Publix stores)
Grated carrots
Grated zucchini
Grated cheese (your choice, I used mild cheddar)
Wheat germ

Prepare buckwheat pancake mix as directed on the box (you'll need milk, oil and egg). Add in about 1/4 cup grated carrots and 1/4 cup grated zucchini. Stir. Add in a couple of handfuls of grated cheese and about 2 tablespoons of the wheat germ. Stir again.
Fry gently in olive oil until done on both sides. You could add in many more things... Different veggies, chicken, turkey or ham.
***UPDATE***
We gave one to Charlotte for dinner tonight and she loved it! It was really easy to reheat. I just put a frozen one on a cookie sheet in a 350F oven and placed a piece of tin foil over it to prevent it from burning. I heated it for about 5 minutes on one side and then 5 minutes on the other and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment